Monday, November 17, 2008

7 Random Bookish Things About Me

Sorry, I realise that I haven't posted in a while, but I've been really busy and all that. I know, not a good excuse, but SERIOUSLY! Disregard the lame post before this, kay? It was a mistake. This one's the real thing.

Well, anyways, I got tagged by Eileen of eileenastels.blogspot.com to say 7 random bookish things about me. So, here they are.
  1. I LOVE to buy books for people. I love picking out the perfect book for someone. Recently, I found one for my friend in which the heroine had the same last name as her. I was freaking out right there, in the bookstore.
  2. I have an account on shelfari.com at http://www.shelfari.com/o1518037578 I am a reading nut, so I thought it was a worthy addition to my little family of memberships to things.
  3. I hate analysing books. Like, in English class and all that. It ruins the story for me, personally. That's why I do not put eons of time in learning the craft of fiction writing because then I'd be criticising everything. I've got a good handle on my voice, and to me, that's the only thing that matters.
  4. Oh, I can't think... oh, here's one. I have two bookshelf units already full of books and they're both nearly full. I'm only fourteen! I love to buy books.
  5. I couldn't work at a bookstore, because of the reason above: I love to buy books. I'd buy a book a day! Although, it would be an AMAZING job!
  6. Oh, almost done! Think! My favourite books in the world are definitely the Harry Potter Series. Second definitely comes the Christy Miller Collection. See my list of fave books on the side of this blog for a complete list (not in order).
  7. Last one! Um... Huh. I'm stumped. Oh, right, of course. My favourite Christmas or Birthday gifts are Chapters gift cards. Love them, love them, love them!

So there it is, 7 random bookish things about me!

Come check me out on shelfari!

Love, Emma Eldon

1 comment:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

I'd love to see you post here again!!

The Love Chapter

"If I speak in tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."



- 1 Corinthians 13 1-3, Study Bible, NRSV