Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Summer Jobs

Okay, so four weeks from today, it's the second day of school, and wouldn't you know it, I wait until AUGUST to get a summer job! Since I'm just so INCOMPETENT (Brady will never read this blog, but I can give at least that just to annoy him) and slow and YOUNG! I am the youngest person working at my job, and everybody else is just so OLD!

By the way, if I didn't mention it, I'm a cashier at the local family-owned market. It's a great work environment and even though all the other girls are way older than me, they're still fun to talk to. I'm working with VEGETABLES all day... yawn! But so far I really like it, other than a few mess-ups when I forgot to give people their change... and then stand there for a few minutes figuring out how much change I still owe the person. I'm stupid with math.

But it's so much fun to talk to the other girls I work with. Tia just told me today how her bellybutton ring was torn out when someone bumped her when she was swimming and how she had to go to downtown Wasaga on the Civic Holiday weekend to a tattoo parlour on the main drag with cops swarming the place and screaming people. And Amanda was telling Jalyssa and Lauren how her boyfriend (who lives in North Bay) was mad at her for not spending $200 to hop on a bus and visit him for the weekend. Everyone was sympathising with her. He has a car, why doesn't he spend the $40 gas money to come down here? Geez! Men! And Lauren was wondering if she should buy a double bed for her dorm room this fall. She could do with a single but she thought doubles were so much more comfy.

You see what I mean? Good, quality girl talk. I need to organise a sleepover soon. Now that I have SOME girl talk, I want MORE.

So, all of you who have a summer job they love, kudos to you! I love mine too! And for all those of you who have a summer job they hate, well I guess you'll do better next time... oh, and HA, HA, HA!

Yours,
emma

1 comment:

Jewels said...

hi emma. new blog. http://manga-animenia.blogspot.com/

im going to see if my friend sarah can coauthor.

maybe we need an editor?

The Love Chapter

"If I speak in tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."



- 1 Corinthians 13 1-3, Study Bible, NRSV