Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Manga Messiah: Book Review

Hello everyone in cyper space! Today, I am going to start wha will seem like an endless stream of book and blog reviews. So, for all you people who AREN'T Christian who read my website... the next few posts will either give you something to think about, or totally turn you off. Hopefully the first one, though...


Manga Messiah

The Life and Teachings of Jesus, Manga Style!
This is the COOLEST way to learn about Jesus and what he stood for in his short life on Earth. You get visuals of all the characters you learned about as a kid, and gain some interesting insights on WWJD, or What Would Jesus Do? Manga Messiah follows the life of Jesus, right from Gabriel's appearance to Mary (the anunciation) to Jesus' ressurection. Whenever there's a demon or the devil in the story, the manga-ists get to show their tough side, creating collossal and deadly-looking demon-things. Anyway, it's cool, there's no doubt about that.
The next few days (until sunday, actually) I'll be very busy or away or whatever, so I won't be blogging. Check out the links to other blogs on this site, though, particularly the new addition to the 'links' list, Camy Tang's Blog, Story Sensei. I WILL be reviewing this blog.
If you're looking for Manga Messiah, go to a Christian bookstore, or maybe your church's library (it's where I found mine) has a copy.
Well, Toodle-oo,
luv,
emma eldon


No comments:

The Love Chapter

"If I speak in tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."



- 1 Corinthians 13 1-3, Study Bible, NRSV