Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Believable Characters: Introduction

Hello, all!

Up until now, my blog has been simply that, a blog. I've been writing about boring daily life and everything, so now I decided that my site should have some purpose.

I have decided (with the help of a few great friends) that I am going to do a blog study on Creating Believable Characters. Of course, I sort of have to research quite a bit first, because I myself am not the best at creating nice characters. My characters are all flat... as I'm sure yours tend to be sometimes, and we all need a great way to make those people be 3-D!

It will be a great learning experience for me, and for you. Hopefully. Of course, if you already have fantastic characters (like, J.K. Rowling, if you're reading this) then I'll have to say, you've got to stop reading, cause all this will do is bore you. To death.

I'll be taking my information from many different sources, just to let you know... I've got about five writing help books on hold at the library!

Have a great day!
Love,
emma eldon

No comments:

The Love Chapter

"If I speak in tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."



- 1 Corinthians 13 1-3, Study Bible, NRSV